Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious senior-level engineer. DevOps staff will work hand in hand with various engineering and technical departments to deploy code, provide operational support for fresh software, and debug production hassles. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience supporting and streamlining IT processes, and maintaining a robust company-wide security protocol, meeting all current compliance standards.
This position requires the ability to exercise critical decision making skills without extensive oversight or approvals. The Senior DevOps Engineer will coordinate with the VP of Engineering and the Engineering teams as a whole to implement decisions on resource building, automation processes, tools and much more.
We are based in Durango, CO, but you can work anywhere in the U.S. You can work from home, or we will set you up in a co-working space with your own office wherever you want. There's minor travel about once per quarter here to Durango which is a pretty fun place to have to go to for work. We are perfectly set up for remote developers and most of our communication is via slack, email, and jira.
GitPrime is an amazing company. We are doing fascinating work to help engineers all over the world reach their potential as professional coders. We pay really well, have great benefits, give stock options so we all share in the upside, and we let you work from wherever you want.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00/year
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
• 3 years experience supporting development teams employing agile methodologies
• 3 years experience designing, deploying, maintaining, and securing application infrastructure hosted in a public cloud environment
• Extensive experience with securing public cloud-hosted applications with security groups and web application firewalls
• Proficiency configuring and using content delivery network services for accelerating web application performance
• Deep knowledge of developing and supporting environments for hosting auto-scaling applications and load balancing
• Extensive experience with defining infrastructure through code with Terraform, CloudFormation and other IaaS tools
• Previous experience creating, maintaining, and extending Chef cookbooks
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) workflows and systems, including Jenkins
• Knowledge and experience creating, developing, and maintaining task orchestration tools like RunDeck
• 3 years experience defining and implementing standards for centrally managing Windows and MacOS workstations
• High proficiency with centralized Windows and Mac OS X security, encryption, and policy management and LDAP integration
• Extensive experience in automating systems management
• Experience configuring and managing remote systems using solutions like Intel AMT / vPro, Apple Remote Desktop
• Advanced experience with solutions for testing and deploying critical security patches and OS updates
• Expert knowledge of central management of cross-platform antivirus / anti-malware solutions
• High proficiency and knowledge of TCP/IP routing
• Experience with configuring and maintaining 802.1x client network authentication for wireless networks
• Proficiency with establishing and managing secure VPN connections between on-premesis networks and public cloud networks
• Extensive experience with provisioning, maintaining, and securing Linux OS servers in production and development environments
• Expert knowledge of hosted user directory and authentication infrastructure including LDAPv3 and RADIUS
• Experience with implementing and auditing regulatory requirements, such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)